Stories from South West Jutland
4/11 2017-25/2 2018: Join us on a local journey through time. It starts with mysterious ancestor worship north of Esbjerg, which involves the members of the cult living closely together with the skeletons of their ancestors.
Look forward to
- discovering one of the region’s Iron Age settlements.
- meet a Viking,
- find out about local aspects of the Middle ages.
- get to know Ribe’s Maren Spliids and other witches.
- get a sense of life in the South West Jutland manor houses, Bramming Hovedgård, Endrupholm and Riber Kærgård.
- and to see how the city of strikes, Esbjerg, became a centre of resistance activity during the German occupation.